A child’s learning extends beyond the classroom. Children benefit from at-home reading practice or being read to for at least 20 minutes a day. Assigned homework is appropriate to the age group of learners. Students may be required to complete work that reinforces classroom learning that is offered for remediation or enrichment, or unfinished class assignments.
Parent Co-op Program Homework Guidelines:
- Grades Tk-2 Students should be read to or practice reading each day.
- Orion students in grades k-2 do not receive packets nor worksheets of homework.
- Teachers will send home special projects related to the unit of study at times.
- Teachers will explain homework and enrichment expectations and opportunities at Back to School Night.
- Orion grades 3-5 homework expectations:
- Reading daily
- Math homework Mon-Thur that is practice from the lesson taught during the school day
- Projects and writing assignments aligned to unit of study will be assigned in advance
- Teachers will explain homework and enrichment opportunities and expectations at Back to School Night.
Homework Guidelines: Mandarin Immersion Program
TK-5th grades Mandarin Immersion students are expected to do at-home learning activities assigned by classroom teachers to reinforce their Mandarin language skills.
- Grades Tk-2 Students should be read to or practice reading each day in any language.
- Grades Tk-2 practice assigned Level Learning online reading Monday-Thursday
- Grades TK-2 practice reading, writing, speaking & listening Monday-Thursday unit vocabulary in Mandarin
- Parents are expected to monitor and support daily Mandarin practice as an integral component to Mandarin Immersion
- Teachers will assign English reading, grammar and word study Monday-Thursday.
- Grades 3-5 Mandarin Immersion
- Level Learning online practice assigned by the teacher
- Math homework Mon-Thur that is practice from the lesson taught during the school day-students given time in class most days to begin the math homework
- Projects aligned to unit of study will be assigned in advance
- Teachers will explain homework and enrichment opportunities and expectations at Back to School Night