Communication Guidelines with Staff
When communicating with staff, please follow these guidelines:
Always use a respectful and polite tone.
- When concerns arise, seek information directly from the school, consulting with those best able to address the concerns. Communication of classroom concerns should be directed to your child’s teacher. If you have spoken with your child’s teacher and the issue has not been addressed to your satisfaction, then contact the principal.
- It is not appropriate to address your concerns about another child to their respective families. Please speak with your child’s teacher.
- When conversing with teachers or staff, be mindful that you are speaking for yourself and not on behalf of a larger group.
- Recognize that confidentiality may limit the information that can be shared from school to parents, including consequences for other students’ behaviors.
- Enter dialogues with an open mind and assume a shared best interest for your child.