Our Programs and Services
Orion Alternative School is home to two unique and innovative programs, our Parent Participation model and the Mandarin Immersion program.
The Orion Parent Participation model offers a nurturing learning environment where mutually respectful relationships with adults and peers are considered fundamental for early intellectual development and personal growth. Orion's strength is built on the participation of families.
The award-winning Mandarin Immersion program provides students an opportunity to learn one of the world’s most spoken languages. We not only offer a rigorous and innovative educational curriculum, but also prepare students to be future leaders. We aim for students to be proficient and achieve academic competency in both English and Mandarin.
Our school also offers:
- Individualized learning in literacy for all students
- Caring staff and community
- A math rich curriculum; teachers in grade k-3 work in partnership with the Early Learning Math Initiative teachers.
- Physical education with professional PE coaches twice a week
- Art lessons with annual art exhibition
- Technology, chromebooks and ipads in classrooms.